Wednesday 21 December 2011

Jasper, Alberta


The Tram above the town of Jasper looking North. Mt Robson is to the left

Mt Athabasca. On a clear day you can see the climbers from across the valley
These two images where shot in Jasper. The first one is on the ridge above the town of Jasper that is accessible by the tram, which is in the center right of the picture. The second one is of Mt Athabasca which is at the Columbia Ice Fields. It is close to the border of Jasper and Banff National Parks. There is a great campground just across the valley. Bring a warm sleeping bag, I have camped there in August and had snow on the tent. In the campground there are cook shacks with wood fired stoves for cool nights.

2 comments:

  1. I remember this place, I took the CNC rail to Jasper Alberta when I was 5 years old all he way to Prince George. Seeing these pictures make me want to re visit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I go up to Jasper every September for a week or two. I will take some more images and post them then.

    ReplyDelete