Tuesday 29 September 2015

Day One, Cranbrook BC to Yakima Washington

On the first day I rode from Cranbrook to Yakima. It was mostly a mile maker day and I stayed on the bike as much as I could.

As usual, my trip starts with coffee at KRC.


I stopped at the top of the Kootenay Pass just west of Creston BC to get a photo. It was a pretty cool day as the snow was on the ground just a a little bit above the road. Probably no more than 50 ft above. 


At the bottom of the pass, I turned towards Nelway and crossed in the US. Metaline falls is about 1/2 hour below the border and this is where I first stopped. This little resturant is worth finding and I had a great breakfast


About 20 minutes south of Metaline Falls you can turn West at Tiger. This is a very twisty ride for the first half of the way to Kettle Falls. There are lots of 30, 20 and even 15 MPH corners.


Once in Kettle Falls I headed south along the Columbia River.


I stopped in Davenport to do some online banking and have a cup of coffee. The trees are changing all along the way.


I kept going south and got into Harrington. I thought I could see a short cut to the freeway, it did not turn out that way. I ended up a bit lost, but just kept heading south and west and found a road that got me out to I-90. Once there I pretty much stayed on the throttle until I got to Mosses Lake. I decided to eat supper there, as it was getting late. My original destination for the day was Yakima, but my "short cut" had cost me some time, and I was not going to get in before it got dark. So I decided to make my way and stay at the first Mom & Pop motel I could find. That was in Othello. A nice little motel, not fancy, but clean, and I had a tiger to protect me all night as I slept.




No comments:

Post a Comment