Thursday 1 October 2015

Day Two, Yakima to Cannon Beach Oregon

I was up before dawn and loaded up my BMW. I stopped for a quick coffee and an Egg sandwich at McDonalds, and then was on the road. The sun came up right behind me as I was heading almost due west and I was able to see the sun in both of my mirrors at the same time. It was a cool morning, so I had my electric vest and heated hand grips on.

This is the sunrise over the Hanford Nuclear Site. There was almost no traffice, so I "found" a riding buddy.




West of the site and about half way to Yakima, my first real stop. I had a coffee, while i sorted out my map and found the road that would take me to Mt Rainier. 


Out of the flat country and into the forested mountains.


There are more than a few mountain passes that take you up to the Paradise Parking lot on Mt Rainier.


This is the first real view point of the Volcano, but it was overcast and there was no mountain to see today. 


One more of the Mountain Passes to climb up and over. This is in the park and I was getting close.


No real images worth shooting today at the top, so I just had a quick lunch and headed back down the mountain. There are lots of Slow turns both up and down out of Paradise.



And old gas station from back in the day when they still used Clear view gas pumps. No gas today, but a nice place to stop and take a pict.


I pretty much stayed on the bike and made my way to Cannon Beach, where I found a great hotel right on the beach. I watched the sunset and then went out for supper. The morning was much nicer weather wise.


No comments:

Post a Comment