Friday 2 October 2015

Day Four, Florence to Crescent City, California

First things first, Breakfast. I usually ride for an hour or so before I stop. Again, great food and a wonderful staff and setting.


This is the kind of little shop you can find on the Oregon Coast. A small fishing equipment store, the kind of place that someone who retires opens up to keep themselves busy, when not fishing. I asked the fellow who owned it, and that was exactly his story.



Just down the road I drove past the places where they rent sand rails and quads. I have always said I would stop in one day and rent one, so I did. Even though it was underpowered, it was a blast once I found out the machines limitations. I rented it for two hours and went out into the sandbox and played like a kid. 



After playing in the sand, I headed south to the California. I stopped in Coos bay for a coffee and a sandwich, and then powered on. These are pictures of the California coast just across the border from Oregon.




I found another nice little Motel in Crescent city, booked two nights, and then went and looked for the best spot for a sunset.



No comments:

Post a Comment