Friday 2 October 2015

Day Six, Crescent City to Mt Vernon, Oregon

I was undecided where I was going to go on this day. Either south towards San Fansisco, or North East towards home. Something came up at work that needed my attention, so Home it was.

A nice little restaurant north of Crescent City on the way to Grants Pass


Once you get through Grants Pass, and on the way to Crater Lake.


I have been to Crater Lake several times, but always toured Clock Wise. This time I decided to go the other way. 





Once out of Crater Lake, and when you get onto Hwy 97, it gets to be a very boring road. Lots of traffic and a straight line. Not even much to take a picture of.

I turned east just north of Bend at Redmond and onto highway 370, then onto 26. And once again back onto a nice road. Big high speed twistys, and slow ones too. You also climb over a few passes to keep it interesting.

It was getting late and I was feeling the day. So once again, I found a riding buddy.



 The light was starting to go, and I was concerned about animals once it got dark. So I started looking for a motel, and found one in Mt Vernon. When I got in it was dark, and I had seen about 5 deer on the road. It had been quite the day for riding. It had been 12 hours since I set out from Crescent City. I chatted with a fellow for a bit, also a fellow motorcyclist. Then hit the sack as I knew that to get home the next day I had to be up, packed and ready to go at first light.


No comments:

Post a Comment