Friday 21 August 2015

A tour around Yellowstone, over the Beartooth Pass, down to Cody and back into the park...Day 3

I did a big loop into Yellowstone, the first pictures are from the start of the day.





 I went for the short ride up to the parking lot below Mt Washburn. A fellow traveler took this photo of me and my GS.

  

 Cody, Wyoming, which is just east of the park gate. It almost got wiped out by a fire several years ago. A great little town with wonderful people


Just below the top of Beartooth pass which is almost 11,000 ft high. The top of the road would be just above my helmet with is sitting right in the middle of my handlebars.


 At the top.


Looking back down to where my bike would have been parked before I started the final climb. A very twisty road, and one of those must ride/drive roads.



After you descend going east, you come to Red Lodge. I did not stay there for very long as my destination was Cody, to see where Buffalo Bill Cody use to hang out.

This on the road that connects Red Lodge to the hwy that heads down to Cody

  

 The Irma hotel was built by Buffalo Bill Cody and named after his daughter. You can still sit at the same bar he use to, and enjoy his favorite drink. Whiskey and Apple Juice. Tastes not so good, but I had one just to say I did.


Back into Yellowstone, and that is Yellowstone lake in the background. 







No comments:

Post a Comment