Friday 21 August 2015

Cranbrook to Choteau, Montana...Day 1

 When I checked the Glacier website the previous day, it said that the Road To The Sun was still closed due to fires. When I got to Whitefish, it was open, so I went over. The road was busy, and the top parking lot was full, but it was still a nice ride up to the top.

On the east side going down into St Marys, there was road construction and the fire was still burning a bit up in the valley. Just north of Browning and just south there was more construction, and the road was pretty bad with gravel and mud. Good thing I had my ADV bike. Several cruiser type bikes where parked trying to sort out how to get through the mess.

I found a nice Mom and Pop motel in Choteau and even though Great Falls was my destination, I stopped for the night.

The Road To The Sun. Starting at the bottom, and working my way up





No comments:

Post a Comment