Friday 21 August 2015

Choteau Mt to West Yellowstone...Day 2

I got up early, packed and headed South. There was no more construction so that was nice. I headed towards Great Falls....

This is a little bake shop right in Choteau, and open early. Very nice place and nice people who own it.


South of Choteau and heading south east


Several years ago I went through the Little Belt mountains, which is South East of Great falls, and at the top of the pass, which is close to 8,000 ft in elevation, there is a ski hill. A summer road goes to the top to a fire look out. I said if I ever came back this way I would ride up. I got part way up, but a sketchy looking switch back turned me around. It was quite a chore to get the bike turned around, but we made it and headed back down the hill.


Those wide & flat high speed Montana secondary roads.


 Heading down into Bozeman on a twisty secondary road.

 

Just South of Bozeman, the valley closed in, and so did the clouds. It poured for about an hour from here. It was the only rain I saw for the entire trip. I stopped about half an hour later and called the Motel to see if they had a room. They just had a cancellation, so I lucked out, as there where several groups in West Yellowstone and rooms where pretty much unavailable.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment